We all know that drinking and driving is dangerous. How dangerous is it really though? Well, these drunk driving facts may shine some light on it. Arrive Alive Tour gives you five quick facts about drinking while driving that might surprise you!
Drinking and Driving Facts
Mind you, there are a ton of facts and statistics out there for someone to look over, thanks to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. We are going to give you five quick facts that will make you truly think things over. We also hope that it will stop you from getting behind the wheel again after you’ve been drinking!
- Every day in America, there are 29 people that die from alcohol-impaired vehicle crashes. That is such a high number and is equal to the 10,497 crashes in 2016.
- Thanks to the creation of Mothers Against Drunk Driving and tougher impaired driving laws, the number of drunk driving fatalities has fallen by a third in the last three decades. That is impressive, however, there were still over 10,000 deaths in 2016 because of drinking and driving.
- In 2016, the Federal Bureau of Investigation estimated that 1,017,808 drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. With those numbers in min, that means there is one arrest for almost every 215 licensed drivers in the United States!
- Who is causing the most accidents on the roadways because of drinking and driving? That would be 21-to 34-year-olds. This age group is responsible for more alcohol-related fatal crashes than any other.
- With that being said, the NHTSA also reports that young drivers are the least responsive to arguments against drunk driving. So, not only are they causing the most accidents proven by statistics, they also don’t want to hear about how it is an issue. Makes sense, right?
Help in the prevention of drinking and driving by bringing our drunk driving simulator to your community!